FACILITATING THE ELECTRIC TRANSITION BY INCREASING DRIVER SAFETY
Element Fleet Management, the world’s largest fleet manager, oversees more than one million vehicles in North America, Australia and New Zealand. Through its management team, Element provides solutions to facilitate the transition from internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles to electric vehicles (EV). In addition to controlling fleet usage patterns and fuel costs, companies must
also consider an often-overlooked aspect—the safety of their drivers—before committing to this new mode of transportation. These leading actors play a crucial role in this shift to electrification. Element can help guide your company on the best practices to adopt so that your drivers understand the importance of their involvement in this rite of passage,
● Understanding the differences between the safety of drivers of ICE and EV vehicles.
● Knowing the types of EVs and the needs and considerations of drivers for each: hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), battery electric vehicles (BEVs).
● Dispensing training for EV drivers on resource development and planning for an electrified trip (e.g., driver preferences, controls, infotainment, vehicle charging, and software upgrades).
● Establishing a company safety policy for EV drivers.
● Providing telematics solutions available to EV fleets in terms of safety.
Element can also offer expert advice on all aspects of reducing fleet risks and costs by improving driver safety.