Uni-Select is seeking a senior merchandising director
Are you passionate about the automotive industry? Do you enjoy being inspired by true leaders in the industry? Are you constantly looking to for new challenges and need a stimulating environment to perform in? If you say yes to all this then you would be a great addition to the growing team at Uni Select. We are currently looking to hire for the following position:
Senior Merchandising Director, Automotive
Uni-Select Canada Inc. (USI) is Canada’s leader in the distribution of automotive parts, tools and equipment to the automotive aftermarket. It is in an exciting growth phase delivering strong financial results including currently operating over 60 corporate stores with the goal of continuing to increase that number through acquisitions.
In support of this growth, we are now looking for a team member responsible for guiding product and merchandising strategies and functions to ensure the achievement of objectives related to key performance indicators, sales, gross margins, inventory, service levels and overall profitability.
- Set up a strategic roadmap to develop product categories in collaboration with the main cross-functional commercial and technological partners, while respecting the schedule;
- Develop planogram and merchandise strategies that clearly outline the tangible and intangible benefits for new products and improvements to existing products;
- Design and coordinate a comprehensive marketing plan to increase market share in the core product categories in order to follow seasonal and industry trends as well as market requirements based on key performance indicators to assess the degree of success;
- Manage a team of category managers that will drive the overall merchandising and product strategy to our core members and corporate store locations;
- Drive the organizations overall private brand strategy and expand upon its existing category offering.
- Automotive Aftermarket Experience is Required (ideally Merchandising, Purchasing or Marketing)
- Minimum 5 years experience in the automotive Aftermarket
- Based in Canada
- Bilingual would be beneficial
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline relevant to the duties of the position (or equivalent industry experience);
- Strong corporate presentation and negotiation skills;
- P and L or Budget responsibilities as a previous or current skill set
Uni-Select upholds the principles of employment equity.