A summary of the Plan for a Green Economy
Last November 16, the Québec Government unveiled its Plan for a Green Economy (Plan pour une économie verte or PEV in French). Looking forward to 2030, it includes many goals, the most important ones being what follows :
- 1.5 million electric vehicles on the road in Québec by 2030.
- Some 2,500 Level 3 and 4 charging stations and some 500 Level 2 stations.
- 40% of electric cabs.
- No sales of new gasoline-powered vehicles as of 2035.
- 55% of city buses and 65% of school buses electrified by 2030.
- 100% of governmental cars, SUVs, vans and minivans, 25% of pickup trucks and 20% of trucks all electrified for 2030.
Add to that some $ 3.6 B for transportation meaning more than 50% of the total budget allocated to the Plan (PEV). That amount includes $ 2.2 B for specific measures for the electrification of transports and $ 1.4 B for public active and shared transportation.